History

Mipot started the business with potentiometers, precision resistors and resistive networks for professional electronic sector in 1973. The used technology was thin film.

After thick film was introduced the product range was enlarged by hybrid circuits based on custom design.

In the ’80s chip and wire bonding for HI-REL products and encapsulated circuits in airtight metal cases were added, while the trimming potentiometers were discontinued in order to concentrate on hybrids and the production of SMT printed circuits. A CAD system was installed to follow the design and manufacturing.

In the early ’90s the company decided to enlarge the productive premises to introduce new production equipment in term of pick and place machines and automatic bonders; from the starting 1500 sq. m the plant expanded to 3500 sq. m with a 300 sq. m. clean room.

In 2008 additional 1400 sq. m were added to the existing covered surface.

In 2010 Mipot was acquired by the KB1909 Holding Company. 

In 2012 Mipot launched on the market the smallest Category 1 module suitable for social alarms applications.

In 2015 new investments were made for the improvement of thre production capability, with the addition of a new SMD line and a new laboratory for selective conformal coating.

The current turnover exceeds 10 million EUR where around 80 employees follow the business from the development, quality control, material purchase and mass production to the marketing and sales point of view.

The company is now launched to increase the business also by offering the newest wireless technology solutions for Internet of Things (IoT), Machine to Machine (M2M) and other Low Power Wide Area Network applications (LPWA).

History History History